Monday, January 3, 2011

2011




Last night we took a late night stroll and admired the lights. Of course my own tree is down and  decorations are all packed away until next Christmas. 
 I am sure that the outdoor lights from Christmas displays will slowly disappear over the next month or so.  There was a fresh sprinkling of snow on the ground and the sky was clear.  It was beautiful and gave us time to reflect.


I started to think and wonder about what lies ahead in the year that is now upon us.
2011.


Recently I spent a week with some of my family that live a fair distance away and we recalled favourite memories from our childhood.  I recited a morning verse that we used to say at my summer camp and it made me think that really, this is what I should be stating as my resolution every day, every year.....
it goes like this...

Look to this day for it is life
the very life of life
and in its brief course
lie all the varities and realities of our existence
The bliss of growth, the glory of action, the splendor of beauty.
For yesterday is but a dream
and tomorrow is only a vision
But today well-lived
makes every yesterday a dream of happiness
and every tomorrow a vision of hope
Look well therefore to this day
Such as the salutation to the dawn.




So, I officially stake this as my resolution for 2011.  Perhaps I should try to revive the ceremonial routine of reciting this poem every day before breakfast as we did at Camp Summerland back in the day.  Campers gathered hands around the flagpole, and sleepily shared these words in unison at the dawn of each new day.
Of course, we all came awake with the addition of our own ritual yell that ended the salutation to the dawn.....
Let's Eat!!








Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Rankings

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave a comment....totally up to you....Yep, I do love it when you do!