Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Versatile Blogger....Me?


I may just need to wake up my number one follower for this announcement!!

I found out a few days ago that I have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award.  Not to sure if it is deserved and not sure if I really know if I want to be part of an award system but hey....I am going with it....okay?
So, first off, thank you to....Melanie from http://youmadethat.blogspot.com/
Okay, so I am supposed to tell you 7 random facts about myself.....hmmmm....I love random...uh-oh, nope that does not count!





1.  I have become a nut about the purge.....my new favourite activity is getting rid of stuff that just does not count and keeping space for all that stuff that does....my family is not too keen on this new obsession of mine, especially when they see me staring at their 'stuff'.


2.  I grew up in a small town by a large body of water and now live in a petit village prés d'un petit lac! Yes, I moved from English Canada to French Canada, Québec, where I have spent more than half my life now with my husband, two beautiful children and our dog.


3.  I am a nut about decorating and always have been since growing up in a house where the dining room and living room got switched at least 2 times during the year.  Did not understand it completely then but I certainly do now!

4.  As a result of  #3, I have a tendency to change things around on a seasonal basis...sofa placement according to fireplace for winter and then the french doors in the summer....plus TV room, bedrooms etc.


5.  I love to cook and I have started to slowly collect cookbooks!  I love to buy one during the holidays and then dedicate my holiday cooking to that one book.


6.  I am afraid of flying......yep.....that is a hard one!


and finally 7......I love animals and we seem to inherit dogs from neighbours and friends.....and this one has been around now for 9 years ..........




My number one follower!
**There are some rules that go along with this. 



1. You have to thank the person who awarded you and link them back in your post. Let the "giver" know you accept the award.
2. Tell everyone 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 15 new found bloggers and link their blogs to your post.
4. Contact each blogger and let them know you've passed the award on to them.

Here are the bloggers that I'm passing the award to. Please check them out! I know that I did not hit 15 and there are other deserving blogs but time just does not seem to be on my side right now...so here goes.......
Allison at........http://alimoll.typepad.com/

                 What Makes Me Happy at....    http://akasewing.blogspot.com/
                                   Mimi at ...... http://blueroofcabin.blogspot.com/
                                    Marcy at.......  http://haverfordhouse.blogspot.com/
                                   Tracy at........   http://tracys-trinkets-treasures.blogspot.com/
          
If any of you are award-free blogs then please excuse my newbie error.  I respect that decision.  Perhaps this reward will lead more people to see your wonderful blogs and for that I will be happy.
                                                        Félicitations!!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award! If you want to try a new cookbook check out The Pioneer Woman Cooks. She has some really good hearty recipes and they don't take a lot of fancy ingredients. You can check her out at www.thepioneerwoman.com
    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamie....I was looking for your blog earlier. You deserve this award as much as I do! I really enjoy your blog, http://coffeecowgirl.blogspot.com/
    I will check out the Pioneer Woman Cooks for sure. I cannot get enough recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award & thank you for passing it on to me! I'm in total agreement with your #5 & 6. I love to cook, I collect cookbooks & I'm afraid to fly too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the nod! And congrats on your award too!
    I'm a huge purger too! I like wide open space...

    ReplyDelete

You can leave a comment....totally up to you....Yep, I do love it when you do!