Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Into the Vortex I Go

Since the kitchen renovation I have been trying to get busy with all the 'details' 
around our house.
But...of course, these things take time.
Sooo...I decided that perhaps
I should listen to the advice of others and do things room by room.

The obvious place to start is the diningroom.
We have this table that I love!
Very rustic, made from reclaimed wood by my brother-in-law..
very heavy
and a great table for entertaining.
Seats 8-10 people comfortably. 


Sarah from Modern Country Style  cautioned me that my latest purchase would be responsible for my descent into the drop-cloth vortex!
Ha! .... I think she may be right!!
And I think I am already lovin' it!!!
No reveals as of yet but I will
let you know..
this drop cloth material is going to give the perfect touch to our parson chairs.

These were a great deal that we picked up when the Fly stores all closed shop here a few years ago.  The problem was we could not get the same colour leg nor fabric.  No big deal though since we bought 6 chairs, half in a cream and the other half in a moss green for 25$ a piece.



So, thanks to all the talented bloggers out there 
I have found some great tutorials on making slipcovers for these type chairs
and ....well....time to get busy!
More on the magic of dropcloths! Click below.......

6 comments:

  1. That's one big project you are undertaking, but I agree that it will look great. You got an amazing deal on those chairs at $25 a piece. I love your table - so rustic and sturdy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grace. I have to admit, I am looking at 6 chairs and thinking...hmmmm...am I crazy?
    But, once I get on a roll I think I will be okay. I found a great tutorial that requires less sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table is a statement piece! I admire your willingness to sew so many slipcovers. I can't sew on a button!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you'll do brilliantly. I can sooooo see that look working brilliantly.

    I'm glad you liked the vortex comment. I see you are well and truly ensconsed in there!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck with your slip covers! I know you can do it! Can't wait to see them around that beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This weekend...I am settling in to some serious sewing!!! I had to get a different needle for heavier material.

    ReplyDelete

You can leave a comment....totally up to you....Yep, I do love it when you do!