Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Québec Slang!

Tourist time hit la ville de Québec...
so here is a special post on slang...
let's just call it..
le dictionnaire Anglais-Québecois 
or 
the English-Québecois Dictionary!
So...don't be shy if you want further help with pronunciation...
and yes...
I realize you may never use any of these expressions...
but kind of fun anyway...
oh and some of these are not necessarily slang but expressions you may hear....
_____________________________

Can you believe it? ................................Tatu déjovusa?

It looks that way..............................Saadlair 'assah

I tell you.....Ch' tedi

I'm so confused..........Chutoute fourré

Let's say......  Mèton

I'm spaced out......Chudanlune

I was scared.....Jé eu à chienne

You're kidding me.........Vadontoé

Me and You....Moé pis Toé

See you later............à tantôt

See you soon ........................ à bientôt

I have a page dedicated to expressions and slang which I keep adding to. 
Just Click Here

Often I will add based on questions asked by individuals so please do not hesitate to comment or email me on the subject.  (anangloinqubec@yahoo.ca)


À tantôt

6 comments:

  1. Well I've never heard those expressions before!  However, I grew up in Moncton and heard my share of Acadian French slang.  I wish I could remember some of the expressions.  They are quite interesting.  :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for sure there are some interesting slang associated with the Acadians. I love it! I have received communcations from people travelling to Québec and anxious to have their children practice their French resulting from French immersion classes. I always get nervous for those children because the reality is that their accents will cause them trouble. So, this is a bit of a practice for them to see if they can wrap themselves around this accent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'd have to say "Chutoute fourre" because I couldn't speak a word of French if I tried!  LOL   Fun post. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarahmcgillivray09June 3, 2011 at 8:28 PM

    Where are the tulips!!??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salut ma belle! Les tulipes sont finies! J'ai pris une photo pour toi mais c'est pas vraiement bon... je m'excuse..

    ReplyDelete

You can leave a comment....totally up to you....Yep, I do love it when you do!