Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Shift



Well, I am putting my word right up top....Shift 

I really love the thinking behind this idea of choosing one word that will help be my focus this year.
You can do a lot with this.
  Last week I was listening to a woman share a great idea for establishing your 'shift'. She was suggesting that you create a postcard with images that
represent direction.
For instance, on her postcard she had a mosaic of 4 images.
One, was her cottage 
it represented escape from the hectic pace of her life.. 
Another, was a symbol that represented a particular goal in her workplace...
Anyway, I think you see where this is going.
The point she was making was that we often get so scattered, lack focus
that we don't set our own direction.
I loved it when she said that these images were intended as markers for what you needed to
walk towards
and that often it just required a shift in our thinking
or a shift in our attitude
It didn't require a monumental change
as that is what often leads to failure....
that shift which allows us to adjust our vision slightly to the left, 
or to the right or
perhaps even do a 180
may be all it takes.

So my word is SHIFT......

What's Yours?

9 comments:

  1. Oh shift is a good word!

    I've been thinking about different words. I haven't come up with anything yet though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it is already in action! I have got to scoot over and see if you have one yet.

      Delete
  2. I really like your word and this post!!! My word is PLAN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes shift is a good word. My word is
    ACHIEVE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, go for it. Achieve has a lot of do with confidence in my thinking. You have such a great blog I think you will be successful.

      Delete
  4. great word!!! thanks for sharing. I have written about my word of the year on my blog if you wish to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I hope some of my readers go over to your blog and read bits of your story. I say bits because it is a lot to absorb in one reading. I wish you all the success I can in your word of the year....emerge!

      Delete
  5. Love your word!-I am your newest follower from Layla's party-Stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

You can leave a comment....totally up to you....Yep, I do love it when you do!