Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Nature Inspired Christmas House Tour 2012



This year decorating for Christmas has been a challenge of sorts....
not long ago our living room was filled with scaffolding for the installation of a new fireplace which is yet to be finished.....
details you know, simple details.




Oh yah... that caused some moments of panic around here...
along with a decision to hold off on any further work until the new year.

BUT,  it did cause me to move around the house and decorate in stages.
Interesting approach.
I know that some people do that as a matter of practice but I am usually the pull out all the boxes and put it up in a day kinda person...


As usual I have used a lot of natural elements around our home this year....

I am a lover of the red dogwood branch....bunches of them here and there,
along with paperwhites and amaryllis bulbs.


and of course, I like to make my own little decorations which this year were simple stars that
can hang from branches in the kitchen....


as well as branches in the diningroom.

A handful of boughs on the bathroom sliding door.


and a cedar wreath on the stove hood
all add little touches of Christmas around here...
and sometimes I will move some paper whites into the livingroom
with the simple red velvet cushion on the couch or....


a large fresh wreath on the fireplace,
a new tradition that will probably compel me to make a christmas ball wreath for next year.

One of my favourites is our pantry santa....
a red velvet curtain that hides the washer and dryer in the pantry off the kitchen.



 In the diningroom, we display our cherished wooden santas that my sister carved...

 they hold a place of honour on our dining room table.



 and my only purchase this year was this lantern that will burn many a candle over the holiday,
which means with the cost of the tree, paper for star-making and the lantern it was all done for around 50$.....
makes me smile.


Best Wishes everyone for a healthy, happy and safe holiday....



I am linking up to the following:
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Beyond the Picket Fence: Under 100$ Linky Party

No Minimalist Here: Open House Party


 Jennifer Rizzo at the Holiday Housewalk Linky Party 



 and
Inspired By Charm: 12 Days of Christmas


À Bientôt

22 comments:

  1. Morning Donna!
    Just love your home - everything about it and love your nature themed Christmas ( and by the did you make those slip covers for your dining room too :)
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous home you have!! The decorations are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna I love all your greenery....
    I love how the rooms flow into each other.
    Where's your tree??
    Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely early Christmas present you've given your followers! I didn't expect you'd have all this done since you've been under the weather. But, thank you so much. This is in time to give us all some hints and inspiration for our own homes. I'm heading right now to pull out my old nutcracker collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your decorating style. Lots of natural elements and some really great pieces like the black piece in the dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. {oops hit publish by accident} Is it a Quebec primitive piece? Lovely. Your dining room is lovely with the great furniture and simple rustic baskets and greenery. Love your kitchen too and the globe lights over the island are awesome. Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful holiday season and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna, I love your simple but very festive approach and wow your sister's santas are amazing :) Your home is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your house is beautiful and done up with the simple greens, twigs and paper whites make it even more lovely. Thank you for the tour, I enjoyed it tremendously.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love your house and your decorations. Your fireplace is beautiful with the large wreath over it. Love the blooming bulbs, the greens, the lantern, the sweet Santas, those amazing lights in the kitchen. Beautiful! Love it!!! Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks quiet and peaceful! So beautiful! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your holiday home! I love the branches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's more like it!! Love those Santas.... I'm sure they are one of a kind....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. I usually plant paper whites this time of year....and for some reason didn't....was nice seeing yours.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your home looks so beautiful all decorated for the holidays! Love,love,love that skirt in your pantry....gorgeous!!!!!
    Happy Holidays!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Holidays! Lovely and Christmassy :) Love the greenery here and there! Seasons Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok so Im pretty much drooling over your beautiful kitchen. The subway tile, hardware, and those pendants are all to die for! Have a very Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's a shame you don't have a donate button!
    I'd without a doubt donate to this superb blog! I guess for now i'll settle for
    bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to new updates and will share this site with my Facebook group.
    Chat soon!
    Also see my site: shanley

    ReplyDelete

You can leave a comment....totally up to you....Yep, I do love it when you do!