Monday, December 17, 2012

My Favourites So Far....

Well, Pinterest is certainly a flurry of activity at this time of year...
and as I ride the rails heading into my last week of work before the holidays
I can't help peruse some of my favourite Christmas pins to date...



Who can resist a little Scottie dog?





and this wreath in this setting, well.... enough said.


and then there is something about the country feel of a room like this at Christmas.



and although they are the subject of many a comedy sketch around my house, paper whites really are one of my favourite flowers at this time of year.



Yes, simple and natural always seem to stand out the most for me.



I have never been a fan of over the top decorating in my own home,
although I do recognize that this is the one time of the year that you can probably get away with it best.





But even though I consider it from one year to the next,
it is the simplicity of an old barn with a beautiful wreath


And
if I had a lovely red door like this
I would probably decorate it with the wreath that is presently above our fireplace.....
simple or over the top..... 
What is your favourite Christmas style of decorating??


À Bientôt

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I love these photos Donna. What beautiful decor. I guess I am in between. I was going to go simple this year but kept adding more things from the cupboard! I am really liking the natural look everywhere this year but I also love vintage. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection. I totally agree that simple and natural is beautiful. I love a little sparkle thrown in too. What's with the burning canon balls in the fireplace in that one photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eyeing some of these very photos!!! Gorgeous - all of them
    Great post!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo these are great pins! I love them!!! :D Thanks for sharing them, Donna!
    I really think the older I get the more I appreciate lots of fresh greenery, but I'm going over the top with my kitchen table for a Christmas luncheon.....it's going to be All American Tacky, LOL!!!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can honestly say I've done every style but it's simple, country for me this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all the choices because they are elegant and simple.

    ReplyDelete

You can leave a comment....totally up to you....Yep, I do love it when you do!