Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pickin' up the spring syrup!

 Before you take a look I have to apologize for the quality of images...
not great..
of course, did not think to bring my camera along as I was too focused on the excitement of finally getting our maple syrup!
So, with that in mind.....
 We were a bit late this year but off we went to pick up our maple syrup..
and there is nothing better than getting it right from the source!!
and....
nothing better than a visit to the farm....
I love it !!
 You can enjoy the scenery
and
the quaint and the typical ....
 the Québec farm house!
I love the blue....
The sloped tin roof is all about the weather and the amount of snow that gets dumped over the course of the winter....

And of course a rocker out front is fairly essential as well....
and some chairs for guests....freshly painted!
So hard to resist a photo of weathered barn wood...
wishing I had remembered my camera since my iPhone is fairly limited in quality...
Oh, what I could do with this!!
The possibilities are endless....




Taking part in Mosaic Monday at the little red house...
and of course over to Debbiedoos Newbie Party
A tantôt

10 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures of a typical Quebec home.  I love their sloping roofs and verandas.  The barn wood is beautiful.  I hope you enjoy your syrup!  My neighbour gave me a bottle they boiled up and it's yummy!  A favorite spring treat for sure.  I hope you get some sunshine soon too!  Blessings, Pamela 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farm table Its perfect! It would work inside or out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely pictures & I love the farmhouse...so pretty! 

    ReplyDelete
  4.  Loving your yellow happy chairs. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    Great shots!  Love those rocking chairs,  they look so inviting.  Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/05/mosic-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that weathered wood!  I have some leaning against my garage. 

    ReplyDelete
  7.  I so love the color in Quebec. Finally down here in the 'south' I see more color on houses. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos!
    Any one of them would make a great painting, too!
    Barb 

    ReplyDelete
  9.  I captured more of that colour in a post on homes in Cap à l'Aigle. I think the colour is a beautiful aspect of the charm of these old wooden homes.

    ReplyDelete

You can leave a comment....totally up to you....Yep, I do love it when you do!